Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't Confuse Fed-Ex!

We send out a ton of packages via Fed-Ex at our office - so many packages that we have an automatic pick-up scheduled for every night because not a single day goes by that we don't use Fed-Ex.

So, because we're moving to a new office on Apr. 1st, we need to order new waybills that have our new address on them. Seems simple enough, right? Yeah, not so simple when you're dealing with the geniuses at Fed-Ex.

The not-so charming gentleman I spoke to at Fed-Ex told me it was impossible for them to order pre-printed waybills with our new address on them because "if we change it in our system, the supplies will be delivered to your new office instead of the one you're currently in." According to him, the new waybills cannot be ordered until the day before we move because "shipments will get all messed up".

So I asked him if it was possible to order the new waybills and just make a note to ship them to our current address. Nope. Not possible. We went in circles for bit and he kept saying to me in this really condescending tone: "You're not understanding what I'm saying..." Now, I used to work at a call centre so I always try to be as polite as possible when I'm dealing with someone else at a call centre but this guy was:

1) a moron

2) a prick

So, finally I said to him: "I understand exactly what you're telling me. You're telling me that Fed-Ex delivers all over the world with no problem but they're not capable of shipping some supplies to our office. I could send a package to Outer Mongolia and Fed-Ex could get it there tomorrow, but this? This confuses them."

Honestly, it was the most ridiculous conversation I've ever had! It's Fed-Ex for God's sake! That's what Fed-Ex does - they deliver! But apparently they're not capable of handling an address change in advance because it will be "too confusing". I'm sure he hung up the phone and was like: "Bitch!" but, seriously, can you blame me?

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Blogger TPorter2 said...

OMG, what idiots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home